Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Not many gifts

It started at work. Like me, few Houston office workers received the usual gift baskets this year.

Then it happened at home. Like many Americans this year, my family negotiated treaties for no adult gifts. My wife's side of the family limited themselves to a lottery-drawn gift exchange. But even with these detailed arrangements to avoid spending, a few family members insisted on opt-out clauses.

The gifts I did receive were outstanding:


Flavored olive oils, a new sauce pot, and a bacon-chocolate bar.

My family understands me.

Merry Christmas

I leave town this afternoon. So these pages will be quiet for a few weeks.

I leave you with this scene from somewhere in Briar Grove.

See you in 2009.

-Anonymous Eater

2 comments:

neverfull said...

merry christmas! to more chowing in 2009! have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We miss you! :)

p.s. Bacon chocolate bar is YUM. I'm addicted to it.